In recent years the art market has assumed increasing importance not only for collectors and operators in the sector, but also for the private investors as well as for Italian and foreign companies and institutions. According to analysts’ estimates, the art and cultural heritage sector is intended for an exponential development in the near future.
Consequently, the various and specific tax issues that involve the transfer of art works, such as successor aspects, the taxation of different forms of sale of the works (from usual or occasional marketing to property disposal) and the customs aspects are becoming ever more important as well as, the innovative securitization transactions.
For these reasons the Firm has set up a dedicated department, in order to provide its clients - artists, gallery owners, cultural institutions and foundations, banks, firms, trusts, private customers – a highly specialized service of advice and assistance on the tax profiles of this sector.
In particular, the Firm deals with:
- Voluntary disclosure;
- Fiscal monitoring and compilation of the RW frameworks of the unified declaration form;
- Art lending;
- Art bonus;
- Art funds:
- Consultation for direct and indirect taxes (personal income tax, VAT, Inheritance tax);
- Customs advice consulting on the export/import of works of art;
- Donations, benefactions and planning of the transfer of works of art;
- Managing of art works investments.